Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Official Labor Day Activities

Labor Day weekend exceeded my expectations, despite the fact that everything I assumed and planned to do, got twisted into something else! :) As it always does. Not really jst why I plan so much when this is the case. :)
Well here's the scoop...
Richard came into town Friday and seeing his face started the weekend off right! I had missed him so badly!! So I believe I said in the previous post that I planned to have Richard grill hotdogs Friday night and sit on the balcony with a glass of sweet tea in one hand, Richard's hand in the other, and a hotdog in my belly, however, Richard came home still full from the lunch his preceptor at his rotation had treated him to. SO, me, starving because I had been waiting for those scrumptious hotdogs, decided to order a pizza. There was a deal at Pizza Hut if you bought 2 medium pizzas, so I did, and it is a good thing, because Richard mysteriously became "hungry" when the pizza's arrived. :) So we ate pizza in the living room and Richard played video games!! Fabulous fun!
Side note::: for those of you who don't know, I LOVE watching people play interesting video games. I personally can't play. I just play stink at it. It probably has something to do with the fact that both my older and younger brother played video games ALL THE TIME!!! But they usually played games that were for one player only, so I would just watch. So anyways, when I say, "Fabulous Fun!" I am not being sarcastic! It was a lot of fun!
For me, this was the perfect way to start the Labor Day weekend, and I'm so glad it didn't go according to plan. :)
So Saturday we slept in, and then we discussed going to the Alabama State Fair. We were concerned however, that we didn't hear anyone else talking about the fair being in town or anything. We questioned if the fair here was as much fun or as big a deal here. I got online and looked up the website and it was pretty sketchy. The dates changed from website to website, the music was stuff we had never heard of, and the main website was so disorganized, that we decided to just wait and try to make it home for the Mississippi State Fair. Instead we went to a trail where we just slowly walked and enjoyed the weather and company of each other. It was absolutely gorgeous where we went. We even crossed through a spring. It was sooo much fun! We had left over pizza for dinner, and then we picked a movie from Richard's library of strange movies, and cuddled up in the bed and watch about half of it before we passed out. Day 2 was even better than Day 1 of our Labor Day weekend!!
Sunday, we tried a new church. It was very reverent and we enjoyed it. I love Sundays. It is so great to start the week off with showing respect to our creator and doing so with others. When we got home, we went to a couple of places to look at plants. Richard has really wanted to "liven" up the balcony area with some plantage. He's been set on getting a hanging plant. So we ended up at Home Depot, where he found his perfect little hanging plant, and I picked out some beautiful deep red mums!
Side note::: Fall is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE time of year, and I HAVE to have mums during this time!!
So anyways, we decorated our porch/balcony/whatever you want to call it and sat out there for a while enjoying our new friends (the plants) and the cool weather and great conversation. When we returned Richard lit up the grill and we had yummy hotdogs on the porch/balcony while enjoying our foliage. :) Afterwards, we rented The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (I had never seen it) and curled up on the couch together and with Josie (my Chihuahua) and when that movie finished we curled up in bed and finished watching the weird movie "Stargate" from the night before. Day 3.... EVEN BETTER!!!!
Monday was our final day of rest before Richard began year 2 of Pharmacy school, and I would begin officially working for my two part time jobs. Therefore, I decided to start the day off with my favorite breakfast of all time: French Toast the way my momma makes it! :) After breakfast, we spring cleaned the apartment, and then sat down and played video games for a bit. For lunch, we decided to take our leftover, cooked on the grill hotdogs, and go outside behind our apartments and have a picnic. It was so much fun! The weather was AMAZING! Then we went to a walking/biking trail and got our exercise in for the weekend!! I'm proud of myself! :) The trail was very pretty and right across the street from Richard's school, Samford University. We passed quite a few in shape, college kids which made me feel REAL good about myself, let me tell ya, but it was fun. :) After showering and getting in comfy clothes, Richard decided to run to the grocery and buy a few things to cook a yummy, Labor Day Finale' meal. He loves to cook and doesn't get to a lot do to a lack of time and finances, so I figured why not today. We have time, and it will be a great way to end the Labor Day weekend. He made a delicious baked chicken dish. It had a lemon and sundried tomato sauce on it. ABSOLUTELY SUPERB MY DEAR! (I am actually planning on eating the last piece for lunch today! ;)
So the Labor Day weekend was more than a success!! haha! The only two things I would have like to really have added would be a camera and football. I am really going to just have to buy a disposable one so I can document our fall together! Also, we currently don't have cable and at this time of year, that depresses me. I hardly watch television  at all, but this time of year is the ONLY time I regret not having cable. I am missing all the wonderful football games!! I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! When I said I love fall, I meant everything about it!! Also, I am going to miss all my silly Disney Channel Halloween movies that come on in October. :( Other than that, AMAZING WEEKEND!!! God is SOO good!
And yesterday went really well for Richard at school and for me at my two part time gigs.
We would like to think this is a great way to assume how the next year will roll. :)

God bless!!!! He has obviously blessed me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment